VALVE & ACTUATION TRAINING
ACT 101: Actuation Fundamentals & Troubleshooting Workshop A course in valve actuation that covers the types, sizing issues, and common problems faced.
The 2-hour Troubleshooting & Assembly Workshop is an eye opening experience
Tentative Schedule: 9:00am - 4:00pm (lunch provided)
- Actuation Fundamentals:
- Air Operated
- Electric Operated
- Interpreting Wiring Diagrams
- Actuator Sizing
- Determining Factors
- How to use Torque Charts
- Direct Mount vs Brackets and Couplings
- Normally Open or Normally Closed?
- Topworks: Why do we need them and what do they do?
- Limit Switches,
- Speed Controls,
- Proximity Switches,
- Solenoid Valves,
- Positioners (3-15 PP and 4-20Ma)
- Troubleshooting & Assembly Workshop
- Assemble and Cycle actuated valves.
- Convert from Spring Return to Double Acting and from Fail Open to Fail Closed.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning units to determine what is wrong with them.
- Determine Plant Air and Electric Requirements.
- Troubleshoot Switch positions not matching ball or disc position.
- Troubleshoot solenoid valve installations.
- Change orientation of Pistons to reverse actuator rotation.
- Troubleshoot Positioner setting for both 4-20 ma and 3-15 psi.
- Properly set Limit Switches.